CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
IEEE Malaysia Section (Student Activities Committee) invites all 2020 final year students to participate in 2020 IEEE Malaysia Final Year Project (FYP) Competition.
It is open to all undergraduate students who are currently undertaking their Final Year Project or have recently (in 2020) completed their studies. Students must be a student in any Malaysian Institution of Higher Learning (Government & Private).
Submission Deadline is on the
17th October 2020 31st October 2020.
Participants only need to submit TWO items:
1. A 3-min VIDEO summarizing your Final Year Project (maximum acceptable size: 100MB) AND
2. A one page ABSTRACT explaining your Final Year Project (Softcopy only)
For each track/subject area:
MYR 400 with a certificate of achievement for first place winner and merit certificates for second and third placing.
Certificate of participation from IEEE Malaysia will be given to all participants.
Tracks for Submission
Students can submit their Final Year Project in one of the following tracks:
|No.||Track Name||Technical Partners|
|1||Antennas & Propagation / Microwave Theory & Technique / Electromagnetic Compatibility||Antennas & Propagation / Microwave Theory & Technique / Electromagnetic Compatibility Joint Chapter (AP/MTT/EMC)|
|2||Circuits and Systems||Circuits and Systems Society (CAS)|
|3||Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation||Dielectric and Electrical Insulation (DEIS)|
|4||Electronics Packaging||Electronics Packaging Society (EPS)|
|5||Geoscience and Remote Sensing||Geoscience and Remote Sensing (GRS)|
|6||Systems, Man and Cybernetics||Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMC)|
|7||Power and Energy||Power and Energy (PES)|
|8||Recent Trends in Computational Intelligence||Computational Intelligence (CIS)|
|9||Rehabilitation & Biomedical Engineering||Engineering in Medicine and Biology (EMBS)|
|10||Signal and Image Processing and Analysis||Signal Processing (SP)|
|11||Technology and Engineering Management||Technology & Engineering Management (TEMS)|
|12||Underwater Robotics, Sensor & Instrumentation System||Oceanic Engineering (OES)|
|13||Telecommunication||Communication/ Vehicular Technology Joint Chapter (COMSOC/VT)|
|14||Young Innovator Award||Young Professionals (YP)|
|15||Robotics & Automation||Robotics & Automation Society (RAS)|
|16||Sensors and Nanotechnology||Sensors and Nanotechnology Joint Councils Chapter|
Rules and Regulations
Open for all undergraduate students (IEEE Member and Non-Member) who have just completed or is currently doing their Final Year Project (FYP) in Year 2020.
Individual projects and group projects are accepted.
The submitted Final Year Project project must be the student’s own project work NOT the work of others.
17th October 2020 31st October 2020.
STEP 1: Fill in Registration Form
- Fill in IEEE 2020 FYP Competition Registration Form here.
STEP 2: Upload your three minute video and abstract
- 3 minutes VIDEO must be prepared in .mp4 format. There are no specific rules for the video to be made. It is totally up to the students to show it in the best possible way they could. The maximum acceptable video file size is 100MB.
- Video Filename: IEEEFYP2020_video_<track number>_your_full_name
- Example: IEEEFYP2020_poster_Track8_Firstname_Surname
- ABSTRACT must be prepared using this template. It must NOT EXCEED 1 page and must be saved in PDF format.
- Filename: IEEEFYP2020_abstract_<track number>_your_full_name
- Example: IEEEFYP2020_abstract_Track8_Firstname_Surname
Enquiries? Drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions can be made HERE!
IMPORTANT: IEEE Malaysia Section has the right to reject your submission if the rules are not followed.