Post-Doc Researcher Position at ISE, UNITEN
- Posted by Mohd Naim Mohd Ibrahim
- Posted in Job/Position Vacancy
University / Institute
Universiti Tenaga Nasional
Institute of Sustainable Energy (ISE)
Smart Solar Charge Controller Design & Development
Nationality Requirements on Candidate(s)
Applicants must be Malaysian citizens
The project “Development of Thin Film Solar Technology and Charge Controller Module” is a research and development-based project focusing on thin-film solar technology and its system design. As one of the project deliverables is to develop an intelligent charge controller with its unique integrated circuit design. Specifically, it is about the use of a high-speed micro-controller/processor such as STM32 chips and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) to compute an ultra-fast maximum point power tracking (MPPT) algorithm with an integrated WiFi-enabled chip with the Internet of Things (IoT) features to achieve high-performance smart solar charge controller for the renewable energy (RE). Knowing that the main function of a solar charge controller is gather energy from solar panels and stores it into batteries. Thus, this project put forward a solar charge controller that will maximize the efficiency of energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. Moreover, this charge controller support protection for short- or open-circuit faults and allows smart functionality such as remote monitoring and fault notification with IoT. Other features of the proposed solar charge controller includes; auto output-voltage detection to support 12V/24V/36V/48V at 5A, 10A, 20A and 30A, ultra-fast MPPT algorithm based on FPGA and over load protections.
The postdoctoral researcher should be able to perform research activities to deliver the followings.
1. To design and develop commercial level low power solar smart charge controller
2. Ultra-fast maximum power tracking FPGA-based MPPT algorithm
3. Production files (GERBER & BOM files) and design level documentation
Eligibility of Candidate:
1. Restricted to Malaysian National only.
2. Should possess Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. in electrical/electronics, and system engineering with expert level experience in power electronics.
3. Familiar with CAD softwares such as KiCad, Proteus and Altium.
4. Expert level experience in digital electronic circuit design and multi-layer PCB drawing with 3D viewing.
5. Expert level experience in circuit assembling, soldering of surface mount devices (SMD) packages and circuit troubleshooting.
6. Expert level experience in embedded software development using C/C++ programming languages.
7. Expert level experience in a hardware description language (HDL) such as VHDL or Verilog Monthly Remuneration Amount: 5,500 RM+ (Based on track record) Tenure: 1-2 years (based on yearly performance)
Funding Agency: TNB (Tenaga Nasional BhD) through Seeding Grant Process to apply:
1. Pls send email with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Candidates will be interviewed using online platforms.