GRA Vacancy on Project Title V2X Communication for Motorcycle Crash Avoidance at USM
|University / Institute Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)|
|Research Center/Lab (optional)|
|Project Title V2X Communication for Motorcycle Crash Avoidance|
|Start Date 1 January 2019|
|End Date 31 December 2021|
|Funding Agency Kementerian pendidikan Tinggi (FRGS)|
|Contact Email(s) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Phone(s) 0134804558|
|Nationality Requirements on Candidate(s) MALAYSIAN only|
Opening for Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) positions to conduct research in the fields of wireless and vehicular networking (Vehicle to Everything (V2X)) to improve road safety and traffic efficiency through the development of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). The project is specifically focused on the research study and suitable developments of novel mobility model and crash avoidance system for motorcycles (motorbikes) in congested, urban scenarios. This project allocates RM1800 per month of allowances and cover the full duration of one year. The successful applicant shall register as a full time Masters by Research with USM and the tuition fees shall be borne by him/herself. Two GRA positions are available.
* Developing new concepts, and suggest feasible architecture for Motorcycle Collision Avoidance System
* Developing New Mobility Model for Motorcycle in Urban Scenarios
* Simulating the Traffic Efficiency by Using Motorcycle as Safety Message Broadcasting Relay Nodes
* Applicants should have experience in C/C++ programming, and MATLAB.
* Applicants should be able to demonstrate knowledge of wireless communications, mathematic, statistic and networking.
* Applicants should have at least a 2nd Class Honours – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Communications, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Networking major.
* Applicants must be MALAYSIAN citizen only
Applications are invited for the above post, to start in January 2019 or at a mutually agreed alternative date asap. Any further enquiries please email to email@example.com (Dr. Suzi Iryanti Fadilah) 04-6534246