Full Scholarship for PhD Research on project “Modelling of Indoor/Outdoor Light Energy Harvesting System for Internet of Things” at UTP
University / Institute : Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
Project Title : Modelling of Indoor/Outdoor Light Energy Harvesting System for Internet of Things
Start Date :Ongoing
End Date : Aug 2021
Funding Agency : UTP Foundation
Contact Email(s) : email@example.com
Nationality Requirements on Candidate(s) : Open to all nationalities
Monthly Allowance: RM 2300.00
Location: Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Bandar Seri Iskandar, Perak.
The fourth industrial revolution has been recently coined in the industry. It includes automation, robotics and internet of things (IoT). It is often desirable to extend the network lifetime of IoT. However, IoT motes are typically powered by small batteries, which is a finite energy source. Therefore, energy harvesting IoT (EH- IoT), is a very promising solution for perpetual operations. The main aim of this research is to accurately model the EH-IoT for both indoor and outdoor which can predict the long term behaviour for designing purposes.
Project Research Area: Energy Harvesting, Modelling, Internet of Things
Benefits of the project include but are not limited to:
• Enrolment for On Campus Full Time mode in PhD by Research programme under the Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at UTP.
• Tuition fee waiver under the UTP Tuition Fee Assistantship Scheme (assigned 3-4 hours of academic activities per week).
• Full or partial funding for attending local conferences.
• Funding to cover publication fees in ISI/SCOPUS-indexed journals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent with a CGPA of 3.0 and above.
• Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering/Computer Engineering with demonstrated ability in publishing in ISI/SCOPUS-indexed journals.
• Proficiency in Matlab/C languages.
• Excellent command in written and oral English.
• Proactive and able to carry out research independently.
Interested applicants can contact Dr. Micheal Drieberg by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the subject: GRA Application and include your resume/CV. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.