Industry Sharing 2/2021: Resolving the interference of 5G Base Stations Towards the Satellite Service to achieve harmonious co-existence in the C-Band
IEEE Malaysia Antenna Propagation / Microwave Theory Technique / Electromagnetic Compatibility (AP/MTT/EMC) Joint Chapter is organizing a sharing session from industry practitioner entitled “Industry Sharing 2/2021: Resolving the interference of 5G Base Stations Towards the Satellite Service to achieve harmonious co-existence in the C-Band”.
Details of the webinar as follows:
Date : 6.5.2021 (Thursday)
Time : 2 pm – 4 pm
Speaker : Anwar Faizd Osman
– Understanding the importance of 3.5GHz (part of C-Band) towards 5G deployment, as well as the importance of C-Band for satellite services.
– Analyze the possible interference from 5G signal towards satellite service receivers.
– Discussion on the main mitigation technique deployed to reduce the interference.
– Theoretical calculation on the interference mitigation.
– Lab demonstration to simulate the coexistence scenario between the two services, and to determine the effectiveness of the mitigation technique selected to remove the interference in a lab setup.
– Review of the field test conducted in UTM KL.
Anwar Faidz is with Rohde & Schwarz, Regional (APAC ) System and Application. He holds MSc (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) from Universiti Sains Malaysia. His experience includes:
– 18 years of experienced in Wireless Communication and Mobile Network Testing.
– Senior IEEE Member and committee member for IEEE MTT/EDS/SSC Penang Chapter.
– Malaysia 5G Task Force member, chairman of 5G Ecosystem and Timeline sub-working group, under the Spectrum Working Group.
– Vice Chairman of MTSFB IMT and Future Network Working Group.
– Chairman and main author for MTFSB2002R0 Technical Code document – “ Technical Specifications For IMT-2020 (5G) System”.
– One of the author for MTSFB2006R0 Technical Code Document – “Prediction and Measurement of EMF Exposure from Cellular Base Station”. EMF EXPOSURE
Meeting link will be provided to those RSVP via the registration link: https://bit.ly/3mZupPd
For more details, kindly refer to the attached poster. An e-certificate will be provided to attended participants only.
Azremi Abdullah Al-Hadi, D.Sc (Tech)
IEEE Malaysia AP/MTT/EMC Joint Chapter
2020 IEEE AP-S Outstanding Chapter Award