ICIRA 2020 Doctoral Consortium
In conjunction with the 13th International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications (ICIRA 2020) which will be held on 5-7 November 2020, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (Malaysia Chapter) is organizing a virtual doctoral consortium to guide the local postgraduate students in their research direction and aim for quality publications.
The objective of ICIRA 2020 Doctoral Consortium is to provide a unique platform for local postgraduate students (Master & Ph.D) to present and discuss their ongoing research work with others, as well as interact with experienced researchers in the field. The students will also be guided by a panel of distinguished researchers from Computer Vision/Image Processing domain, where they will receive constructive feedback on future direction or publication. The panelists are:
- Chee Seng Chan, University of Malaya (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=hKfga9oAAAAJ&hl=en)
- Iman Yi Liao, University of Nottingham Malaysia (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LdTLIU8AAAAJ&hl=en)
- John See, Multimedia University (https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=uH74dcgAAAAJ&hl=en)
- Kok Sheik Wong, Monash University Malaysia (https://scholar.google.com.my/citations?user=oMjrLWcAAAAJ&hl=en)
So don’t miss the opportunity to get feedbacks from the local panelists who have published in top quality journals and ranked conferences in the area of computer vision and image processing (e.g. AAAI, ACCV, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ICIP, IJCAI, NeurIPS, TCSVT, TIP, TPAMI, etc.), to strengthen your current research and improve the chance to get accepted by these top quality journals and conferences.
Students must now attach with local (Malaysia) institution, conducting research in Computer Vision/Image Processing related domain and have a specific research proposal and some preliminary results.
Students that meet the eligibility requirements should submit an application containing the following:
- Four-page research manuscript summarizing the applicant’s research and progress to date. Introduction, problem statement, research objective, background, proposed methodology, and preliminary results should be included.
- Applicant’s up-to-date CV as supplementary material (Provide a concise summary of your current curriculum vitae, including research publications).
- The title and author list of the paper that will be presented at the consortium.
Fees: USD 100
Submission link: https://forms.gle/vzvoZ3kMijJVsmSM7
Submission deadline: 15 October 2020
Notification of acceptance: 22 October 2020
Official page: https://icira2020.org/doctoral-consortium/
Please contact Chern Hong Lim (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any inquiry.
Dr. Lim Chern Hong
Chair, IEEE CIS Malaysia Chapter (cis.ieeemy.org)
School of Information Technology
Building 2, Level 4, Room 2-4-15
Monash University Malaysia
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
47500 Bandar Sunway
Selangor Darul Ehsan