Call for Project Proposals : 2014 R10 Humanitarian Technology Activities
IEEE Region 10 is encouraging to carry out Humanitarian Technology Activities in its sections for the benefit of underserved.
IEEE also encourages to form a Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT) in the sections and to take up Humanitarian Technology activities.
Kindly refer http://ieeesight.net for details on SIGHT and its formations.
IEEE Region 10 is inviting project proposal(s) on Humanitarian Technology from Sections of Region 10 to further promote HT activities. Participating sections must have SIGHT in their respective
sections. Sections not having SIGHT wants to participate are advised to form SIGHT first. For formation of SIGHT, please refer http://ieeesight.net .
Projects those are Technology Solutions for the underserved will only be considered. Region 10 will provide support fund to carry out the project for underserved community inpartnership with
IEEE Region 10 had invited such proposals in 2012 and 2013. There was a good response and R10 supported 7 and 5 projects in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
Following are the salient features of R10 supported HT projects:
– Region 10 will provide 50% of the cost of the project or US$500 whichever is less in each case. It is expected that 50% of the cost of the project be borne by the respective section.
– Region 10 will provide support to 8 (eight) select projects.
– Such projects are expected to be completed in 2014 (Report to be submitted by 15 Dec 2014).
– The project should clearly outline the aspect of scalability and self sustainability.
– The project should be proposed by the SIGHT of that section and duly endorsed by the Section Chair.
– The proposed budget should clearly mention the requirement of the fund from R10, support from the Section and from other sources (if any).
– The proposal for the project should be submitted in the following format:
- Name of Project:
- Name of Section:
- Name of Section SIGHT Coordinator:
- Name of the Project leader :
- Name of the project team members:
- Objective of the project (Maximum 200 words):
- How the project will serve the underserved (Maximum 500 words):
- Project outline (stating what form of Technology being used):
- How the project will be sustainable (Maximum 500 words):
- Proposed date of completion of the project and submission of report: dd/mm/yyyy (the date should not be later than 15 December 2014)
- Total fund required:
o Support from R10: (50% of project cost or US$500 whichever is less)
o Support from the Section: (50% of project cost or more)
o Support from any other source (if any):
- Endorsement by Section Chair: The project has got approval and support of section as detailed above. (Signature of the Chair)