The “SCOReD Student Travel Grant” is meant to enable high performing students with financial needs, to attend the conference, present their paper(s) and become more integrated into the scientific community.
Please feel free to forward it to all students who you think might benefit from the scheme.
- Funds from IEEE Malaysia Chapters, Departments of Various Universities and Companies will be used to cover student travel and accommodation.
- The maximum level of support per student will be determined by the SCOReD Organizing Committee based on the funds received.
- The Support covers’ student travel and accommodation.
- A Cheque of predefined amount to the secured participants will be given during the event of banquet dinner.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- be an author of (at least) one paper accepted and registered for presentation at 2019 IEEE SCOReD.
- present at least one of the accepted papers.
- be a student (PhD, Master or Bachelor student) at an academic institution.
To apply, students must send to the 2019 IEEE SCOReD secretariat via email, the following:
- The Student Travel Grant Form (Download Form)
- Scanned Student ID for confirmation that the applicant is enrolled as a student.
- Signed letter from an academic supervisor/co-author/Head of Department supporting the application form, and confirming that the student is a main contributor to the paper (with what percentage), and the student’s financial need.
Please submit the supporting documents via email to the 2019 IEEE SCOReD secretariat with Subject “2019 IEEE SCOReD Student Travel Support Application”, no later than 1st August, 2019.
Decision messages about travel support will be sent out on 30th August 2019.
Sponsorship Benefits to Fund Providers
- Official logo of fund providers will displayed on the backdrop and website
- 15-minute introduction to the organization and Cheque presentation to the secured participants
- Complimentary 1 person to attend the conference and banquet dinner
- 1-page advertisement in the program book
- Certificate of appreciation from IEEE Malaysia Section.