IEEE Malaysia Section invites all final year students to participate in 2019 IEEE Malaysia Final Year Project (FYP) Competition.
It is open to all undergraduate students who are currently undertaking their Final Year Project or has recently (in 2019) completed their studies. Students must be a student in any Malaysian Institution of Higher Learning (Government & Private).
Submission Deadline is on 18th August 2019.
Participants only need to submit TWO items:
- A POSTER summarizing your Final Year Project (Softcopy Only) AND
2. A one page ABSTRACT explaining your Final Year Project (Softcopy Only)
Prizes (for each track/subject area)
- To be announced at a later stage
Certificate of participation from IEEE Malaysia will be given to all participants
Tracks for submission
Students can submit their Final Year Project in one of the following tracks (only ONE track per submission).
Track 1: Antennas & Propagation / Microwave Theory & Technique / Electromagnetic Compatibility
Technical Partner: Antennas & Propagation / Microwave Theory & Technique / Electromagnetic Compatibility Joint Chapter (AP/MTT/EMC)
Track 2: Circuits and Systems
Technical Partner: Circuits and Systems Society (CAS)
Track 3: Computing
Technical Partner: Computer Society (CS)
Track 4: Consumer Electronics
Technical Partner: Consumer Electronics Society (CES)
Track 5: Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation
Technical Partner: Dielectric and Electrical Insulation (DEIS)
Track 6: Electron Devices
Technical Partner: Electron Devices Society (EDS)
Track 7: Electronics Packaging
Technical Partner: Electronics Packaging Society (EPS)
Track 8: Geoscience and Remote Sensing
Technical Partner: Geoscience and Remote Sensing (GRS)
Track 9: Human-machine systems, and cybernetics.
Technical Partner: Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMC)
Track 10: Power and Energy
Technical Partner: Power and Energy (PES)
Track 11: Recent Trends in Computational Intelligence
Technical Partner: Computational Intelligence (CIS)
Track 12: Rehabilitation & Biomedical Engineering
Technical Partner: Engineering in Medicine and Biology (EMBS)
Track 13: RFID
Technical Partner: RFID Council Malaysia Chapter (RFID)
Track 14: Sensors & Nanotechnology
Technical Partner: Sensors and Nanotechnology Joint Councils Chapter (SEN-NANO)
Track 15: Signal and Image Processing and Analysis
Technical Partner: Signal Processing (SP)
Track 16: Technology and Engineering Management
Technical Partner: Technology & Engineering Management (TEMS)
Track 17: Underwater Robotics, Sensor & Instrumentation System
Technical Partner: Oceanic Engineering (OES)
Track 18: Young Innovator Award
Technical Partner: Young Professionals (YP)
Rules and Regulations
- Open for all undergraduate students (IEEE Member and Non-Member) who has just completed or is currently doing their Final Year Project (FYP) in Year 2019.
- Individual projects and group projects are accepted.
- The submitted Final Year Project project must be the student’s own project work NOT the work of others.
Submission Deadline: 18th August 2019.
STEP 1: Fill in Registration Form
- Fill in IEEE2019 FYP Competition Registration Form here
STEP 2: Email your A1 size poster and abstract
- POSTERmust be prepared by using this template and the prepared A1 poster must be saved in PDF format.
- Filename: IEEEFYP2019_poster_<track number>_your_full_name
- Example: IEEEFYP2019_poster_Track8_Firstname_Surname
- ABSTRACTmust be prepared using this template. It must NOT EXCEED 1 page and must be saved in PDF format.
- Filename: IEEEFYP2019_abstract_<track number>_your_full_name
- Example: IEEEFYP2019_abstract_Trac8_Firstname_Surname
Available on IEEE Malaysia SAC Website:
Enquiries? Drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org