The IEEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) Malaysia Chapter, being a Certified Chapter, has been invited to submit nominations for Travel Grant Support for Students and Working professionals to attend the ICIP 2019 conference in Taipei on 22-25 September 2019. You will need to be an IEEE SPS member to apply (can become a member online for a 50% discounted rate now). See emails below for details of the grants.
Please share with your students and contacts. Those interested need to email firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 26 April 2019.
Prof. Dr. R. Logeswaran
Chair, IEEE SPS Malaysia Chapter
———- Forwarded message ———
- A) Student Travel Support
Dear SPS Certified Chapter Chairs,
Does your Chapter have exceptional students that would benefit from attending ICIP 2019?
SPS is pleased to announce a new benefit for its Certified Chapters that allows Certified Chapter Chairs to nominate their SPS Student and Graduate Student Members to receive limited travel support (up to US$1,000) to attend ICIP 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan this September.
Each Certified Chapter can nominate more than one student, but only one student from each Certified Chapter is eligible to receive funding. Each candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an SPS Student or Graduate Student Member in good standing
- Candidate can have an accepted paper at ICIP 2019, but the paper will not be considered or reviewed during the evaluation process.
- Students receiving travel grant support through the conference student travel grant program are not eligible to apply. Funding cannot be combined with other SPS or SPS conference travel grant support.
Nominees and Chapter Chairs will be notified whether support will be granted by email on 14 May 2019.
- B) Practicing Engineers Travel Support
Does your Chapter have members who would like to attend ICIP 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan but the cost of travel is too great?
The Signal Processing Society recently approved an initiative that would provide limited Society support for SPS Chapters to send up to two members each to the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) from 22-25 September 2019.
Each participating Chapter’s candidate(s) is required to be an IEEE Signal Processing Society member in good standing, as well as a current practicing engineer, to be considered for the travel grant support. A practicing engineer must fall in one of the following categories:
- Industry (including small and medium enterprises)
- Industrial research and development
- Unemployed young professionals unaffiliated with universities
Applicants who are professors or students at universities will not be considered for this travel support. Practicing engineers who have accepted papers at ICIP 2019 will also not be considered. Travel grant support will be awarded in the amount of $600 for individuals traveling within the same continent and $1200 for travel between continents. The SPS Chapters Review Committee will review the nominations and determine if travel support will be awarded.