Call for Papers – The 18th International Conference on Intelligent Software Methodologies, Tools, and Techniques (SOMET_19) will take place on September 23~25, 2019, in the city of Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
This event is a continuation of an existing series of SOMET. This conference series highlights and reflects the state-of-art and new trends on software methodologies, tools and techniques. You are invited to participate in SOMET_19 to help build a forum for exchanging ideas and experiences to foster new directions in software development methodologies and related tools and techniques. This conference is focused on exploring innovations, controversies, and challenges facing the Software Engineering community today. The conference brings together theory and experience to propose and evaluate solutions to Software Engineering problems. The conference also provides a forum and an opportunity to assess the current state-of-the-art in intelligent Software techniques and to chart software science initiated from experience to theory. This conference is an opportunity for us in the software science community to think about where we are and today and where we are going.
Topics Included (But not Limited)
- Requirement engineering, especially for high‐assurance system, and requirement elicitation.
- Software methodologies, and tools for robust, reliable, non-fragile software design.
- Software developments techniques and legacy systems.
- Automatic software generation versus reuse, and legacy systems.
- Software quality and process assessment for business enterprise.
- Intelligent software systems design, and software evolution techniques.
- Agile software and Lean Methods.
- Software optimization and formal methods for software design.
- Static, dynamic analysis on software performance model, software maintenance.
- Software security tools and techniques, and related Software Engineering models.
- Formal techniques for software representation, software testing and validation.
- Software reliability, and software diagnosis systems.
- Mobile code security tools and techniques.
- End-user programming environment, User-centered Adoption-Centric Reengineering techniques.
- Ontology, cognitive models and philosophical aspects on software design.
- Medical Informatics, Software methods and application for biomedicine.
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques on Software Engineering.
- Software design through interaction, and precognitive software techniques for interactive software entertainment applications.
- Creativity and art in software design principles.
- Axiomatic based principles on software design.
- Model Driven Development (DVD), code centric to model centric software engineering.
- Software methods for medical Informatics, bioinformatics, and bioinformatics.
- Emergency Management Informatics, software methods for supporting Civil Protection, First Response and Disaster Recovery.
- Software methods for decision support systems and recommender systems
The Proceedings of the conference will be published as a book by IOS International Publisher (SCOPUS Indexed) in series: Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, and distributed at the conference. IOS book series (Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications) that SOMETs’ are published in is indexed in Scopus. The extended version of the accepted paper will be invited for Special Issue in Elsevier Knowledge Based Systems (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/knowledge-based-systems)
Submission deadline: April 15, 2019
Final Notification: May 30, 2019
Registration for authors/paper: June 25, 2019
Final Camera-ready Paper due: June 29, 2019
Early registration period (non-authors): up to July 4, 2019
Late registration period (non-authors): July 5, 2018 – September 10, 2019
Conference Date : 23 – 25 September 2019 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Paper submissions information:
Paper submission website:
Paper submission format:
Hamido Fujita & Ali Selamat
Past SOMET Conference 2018: