Postgraduate IEEE EDS Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
Nomination Deadline: July 6, 2018
The Postgraduate IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) Malaysia Awards recognize outstanding research projects that have contributions on the enhancement of electronic devices theory and/or applications. The outstanding project in four categories will each receive an honorarium of RM100, certificate and plaque. The awards’ recipients will be invited to attend The 2018 IEEE International Conference on Semiconductor Electronics (ICSE) conference dinner on 15th of August 2018 (Wednesday) to receive the award.
The nominees for all categories must be registered as IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) student member at the time of nomination. The nominees are required to submit a 3-minute pitch video and poster of their respective project. The awards are given to outstanding projects in electronic devices in these four categories;
- Outstanding project in MEMS and Nanoelectronics
- Outstanding project in Nanophotonics
- Outstanding project in IC Design and Manufacturing
- Outstanding project in Material, Process & Product
Submission deadline: July 6, 2018
Notification of award: July 23, 2018
Award ceremony: August 15, 2018 (Pullman, Kuala Lumpur)
A nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator). Self-nomination is also accepted.
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- The nominated 3-minute pitch video and poster must be in English language.
- Project title and abstract (200-300 words).
- A list of the nominee’s publications and the corresponding electronic copy of the publications.
- The latest CV of the nominee.
- Include supervisors’ names and grant used to support the project.
Nominations should be submitted as a zip file including the preceding items to Associate Professor Dr P. Susthitha Menon firstname.lastname@example.org (Award Committee Chair), Dr Siti Noorjannah Ibrahim email@example.com (Award Committee secretary) and Ir. Dr Jahariah Sampe firstname.lastname@example.org (Committee for Education Activities).
P Susthitha Menon (Susi), PhD, SM.IEEE, M.OSA, M.SPIE
Chair, IEEE Electron Devices Malaysia Section
Technical Chair, 13th IEEE Int Conf on Semiconductor Electronics (ICSE2018), 15-17 Aug 2018, Kuala Lumpur
Research Fellow/Senior Lecturer (Optoelectronics and Nanophotonics)
Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN)
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), (The National University of Malaysia),
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +6-03-89118561 Fax: +6-03-89250439