Postgraduate IEEE EDS Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
Nomination Deadline: July 10, 2017
The Postgraduate IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) Malaysia Awards recognize outstanding research projects that have contributions on the enhancement of electronic devices theory and/or applications. The outstanding project in four categories will each receive an honorarium of RM100, certificate and plaque. The awards’ recipients will be invited to attend the 2017 IEEE Regional Symposium on Micro and Nanoelectronics (RSM) conference dinner on 23rd of August 2017 (Wednesday) to receive the award.
The nominees for all categories must be registered as IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) student member at the time of nomination. The nominees are required to submit a 3-minute pitch video and poster of their respective project. The awards are given to outstanding projects in electronic devices in these four categories;
- Outstanding project in MEMS and Nanoelectronics
- Outstanding project in Nanophotonics
- Outstanding project in IC Design and Manufacturing
- Outstanding project in Material, Process & Product
Submission deadline: July 10, 2017
Notification of award: Aug 1, 2017
Award ceremony: August 23, 2017 (Golden Sands Resort, Penang)
A nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator). Self-nomination is also accepted.
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- The nominated 3-minute pitch video and poster must be in English language.
- Project title and abstract (200-300 words).
- A list of the nominee’s publications and the corresponding electronic copy of the publications.
- The latest CV of the nominee.
- Include supervisors’ names and grant used to support the project.
Nominations should be submitted as a zip file including the preceding items to Associate Professor Dr P. Susthitha Menon firstname.lastname@example.org (Award Committee Chair), Dr Siti Noorjannah Ibrahim email@example.com (Award Committee secretary) or Dr Jahariah Sampe firstname.lastname@example.org (Committee for Education Activities).
P Susthitha Menon (Susi), PhD, SM.IEEE, M.OSA, M.SPIE
Regional Editor, IEEE EDS Newsletter for Region 10 (Australia and South East Asia)
Chair, IEEE Electron Devices Malaysia Section
Technical Chair, IEEE Regional Symposium on Micro & Nanoelectronics (RSM2017), Aug 23-25 2017
Research Fellow/Senior Lecturer (Optoelectronics and Nanophotonics)
Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN)
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), (The National University of Malaysia),
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +6-03-89118561 Fax: +6-03-89250439