We are delighted to announce the upcoming IEEE Senior Member Elevation Workshop in Sarawak organized by IEEE Malaysia Section and Sarawak Sub-Section.
Date: 25th March 2017 (Saturday)
Venue: Block G Level 5, Lab 518,
Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus.
Speaker: Prof Dennis Wong M. L.
You may read more about the Senior member requirements in http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/senior/index.html
There is no increment in annual membership fees for Senior membership. In addition, you may also enjoy these benefits:
- Recognition: The professional recognition of your peers for technical and professional excellence.
- Senior Member plaque: All newly elevated Senior members receive an engraved Senior Member plaque to be proudly displayed for colleagues, clients, and employers to see. The plaque, made of fine wood with bronze engraving, is sent within six to eight weeks after elevation.
- US$25 coupon: IEEE will recognize all newly elevated Senior members with a coupon worth up to US$25. This coupon can be used to join one new IEEE Society. The coupon expires on 31 December of the year in which it is received.
- Letter of commendation: A letter of commendation can be sent to your employer on the achievement of Senior Member grade upon the request of the newly elected Senior member.
- Announcements: Announcement of elevation can be made upon request to your Section/Society in their local newsletters, newspapers, and notices.
- Leadership Eligibility: Senior members are eligible to hold executive IEEE volunteer positions.
- Ability to refer other candidates: Senior members can serve as a reference for other applicants for senior membership.
- Review panel: Senior members are invited to be on the panel to review Senior member applications.
- US$25 referral coupon: Newly elevated Senior members are encouraged to find the next innovators of tomorrow and invite them to join IEEE. Invite them to join and the new IEEE member will receive US$25 off their first year of membership.
Kindly RSVP your attendance through this google form: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w_9ESn_4o33sqtN_BC1CtwANKX3ggbiymeUUeZKtxuk
Looking forward to your attendance.
On behalf of
Lau Bee Theng, PhD, SM.IEEE
Chair 2017, IEEE Sarawak Sub-Section