In conjunction with the 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Telecommunication Technologies (ISTT 2016), IEEE Malaysia Communications and Vehicular Technology Society (ComSoc/VTS) Joint Chapter is proud to announce its 1-day workshop and 2 half-day tutorials which will be held on 28 November 2016 at AnCasa Hotel and Spa, Kuala Lumpur. The details of these events are as follows:
1-DAY WORKSHOP (9.00 – 5.00pm)
Title: Mobile Android Development
Speaker: Mr. Muhammad Nurdin b. Norazan
Synopsis: The workshop breaks down the processes of becoming an Android developer, from getting started with the tools and the language to building user interfaces to work with the unique features of the Android. With multiple hands-on exercises and demonstration projects, we will explore the core development tools for Android (Android Studio and Layout Editor), the language (Java), and the framework. This course covers from beginner to Intermediate level. Some of the topics that will be covered in this workshop:
- Setting up the Android Development Environment & Getting to know the IDE, AVD and SDK
- Android Components and Architecture & Creating Your First Android App
- Responding to User input Events & Writing Java event handlers
- Fundamental Android Programming Programming Android UI and Layouts
- Handling multiple screen resolutions & Using Intents
- Launching Activities with Intents Integration with Database & JSON and Parsing
- Submission to the Google PlayStore
TUTORIAL 1 (9.00am – 12.40pm)
Title: Introduction of Low Power, Wide Area Networks For ‘Internet of Things’ Engineers and Decision Makers
Speaker: Mr. Shamry Mubdi b. Subra Mullisi
Synopsis: The growing popularity of the Internet of Things has put the spotlight on low power, wide-area networks (LPWAN). This technology is ideal for connecting devices that send and receive small data packets over long distances while using very little power—but there’s much more to it than that. Some of the topics that will be discussed:
- A quick overview of mesh vs. star topology choice.
- Nine fundamental concepts including sensitivity, processing gain, and interference.
- A review of industry leaders, including Sigfox and the LoRa Alliance.
TUTORIAL 2 (2.00 – 5.00pm)
Title: Cognitive radio of 4.5G LTE-A wireless Networks and GNU Radio
Speaker: Dr. Mardeni b. Roslee
Synopsis: Nowadays, high speed and high quality of service for mobile user are always in demand. Audio/Video streaming, online conferences and social media services are becoming the necessity of life. In order to fulfil the sheer amount of data need of users, robust and efficient wireless technology is needed. 4.5G Long Term Evaluation-Advanced (LTE-A), is the solution for future mobile wireless networks. Therefore, cognitive radio (CR) is chosen as a promising way in order to handle this technology. CR networks become very useful technique to fully utilize the spectrums. This workshop is expected to provide a good solid fundamental of cognitive radio network and explanation of using GNU Radio. Some of the topics that will be discussed:
- Introduction to LTE-A
- CR function, CR cycle, CR mobility
- Why GNU Radio?
- Extensive knowledge involved and what is implemented currently?
1-Day Workshop: RM300
Half Day Tutorial (attending 1 tutorial): RM200
Full Day Tutorial (attending 2 tutorials): RM300
1. Please complete the registration form (refer to the attached file) and fax to 03-62790663 or email to email@example.com.
2. All participants are required to bring their own laptop.
3. If you have any inquiries, please contact 012-2402419 (Khaizuran).
4. More details can be found at: http://istt2016.comvt.org/v1/