Senior/Staff Software Applications Engineer
- As a Senior/Staff Components Applications Engineer, you will work with customers, Altera and Distribution field personnel in multiple geographies, and specialist colleagues to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible.
- In this role you will be responsible to assist in design, optimization and verification of high-performance FPGAs using Altera and third-party design software (e.g. Quartus II, Synthesis, Simulation, Timing Analysis, System Debug Tools, Altera Megafunctions, etc.)
- Create example designs and reference designs to demonstrate the usage of Altera products
- Develop technical documentation such as software handbook, user guides, tutorials, application notes for key features and applications of Altera products.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in FPGA or ASIC design including Verilog/VHDL/SystemVerilog coding, Standard EDA flows and Synthesis tools
- Experience in simulation (ModelSim/VCS/Incisive), timing closure, design optimization and on-chip debugging
- Familiar with FPGA/ASIC design with Verilog or VHDL, standard EDA flows, design synthesis, timing closure and verification tool flows
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills, and ability to drive issues to closure are essential
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English are required