|18 Sep 2017 at 09:00 am||19 Sep 2017 at 05:00 pm|
It is my pleasure to announce that the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Malaysia Section Women in Engineering (WIE) has been selected as one of the hosts of the WIE International Leadership Summit for 2017.
The IEEE WIE International Leadership Summit is one of IEEE WIE global initiatives to provide leading-edge professional development for early-career, mid-level and senior women. Carrying the theme “Empower, Inspire to Aspire”, it is intended to bring together female and male leaders from around the world interested in advancing women in engineering and technology.
On behalf of IEEE-WIE Malaysia and the IEEE-WIE ILS 2017, I would like to take this opportunity to invite all IEEE Malaysia members to join us at this exciting and prestigious events. Some of the prominent women figures speaking at the summit are:
1. Dr. Bozenna Pasik-Duncan – 2017 IEEE-WIE Global Chair
2. Datin Paduka Ir. Dr. Siti Hamizah Tapsir – Director General, Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia
3. Professor Datin Paduka Dr. Aini Ideris – Vice-Chancellor, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
4. Professor Dato’ Dr. Noraini Idris – Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation), Sultan Idris Education University, Perak
5. Dr. Wan Wardatul Amani Wan Salim – Recipient, 2015 L’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science Award.
We also have a special offer for local participants who register by 31 August 2017. Use the promocode MY-Discount to receive a 30% discount of the published registration rate.
Hurry and reserve your seat today! This is a limited offer and will end on 31 August 2017.
Further details can be found in the brochure attached.
On behalf of IEEE-WIE Malaysia and IEEE WIE-ILS Malaysia,
Nasreen Badruddin, PhD
Chair, IEEE Malaysia Section Women in Engineering Affinity Group